Course 4: Safety and Regulation
Review the current relevant battery storage policies and standards for battery and energy storage applications as they apply to the renewable energy movement.
About This Course
In the fourth course in the Battery Technician Program, you will observe the current relevant battery storage policies and standards for stationary and mobile battery applications.
Lessons in this course:
- Battery Storage Policies
- Battery Standards and Regulations
- Functional Safety and Security
- Identify the current battery-related policy mechanisms in Europe.
- Recall common (European) battery regulations and the international standards of battery testing procedures.
- Recognize battery safety and security functions in stationary energy storage systems or electric vehicles.
- Recall the working principles of functional safety standards.
- Identify the challenges of defining standards for Battery Management Systems (BMS) and their potential solutions.
This online learning experience provides you with interactive content lessons, this includes instructor-led video lectures, a downloadable learning guide, discussion prompts, non-graded practice questions and a graded final assessment to test your understanding of the material covered in this course.