Course 6: Mobile and Consumer Electronics Applications
Learn more about batteries and energy storage applied for vehicles and small electrical devices we use every day.
About This Course
In the sixth course in the Battery Technician Program, you will observe applications of batteries in electric vehicles, transportation and other mobility sectors, as well as in consumer electronics.
Lessons in this course:
- Battery for Electric Vehicles: Price Development and Trends of Use
- Electrical Drives in Transportation: Overview of Technologies
- Charging Infrastructure
- Battery Storage Application in Mobility
- Battery Powered Consumer Electronics
- Application: Energy Efficiency of a USB Power Bank
- Describe the current worldwide electric vehicle (EV) market, including the price and range development, major players in the EV battery market and current evolution of EV manufacturing.
- Compare the drivetrain of an internal combustion engine with a battery EV.
- Describe the difference between a hybrid EV and a plug-in hybrid vehicle.
- Estimate the charging capacity of different types of EV chargers.
- Identify different types of EV charging and observe the growth trends of European charging infrastructure.
- Describe the application of battery storage in the mobility sector.
- Recognize the role of battery storage for mobility in the transport industry.
- Identify the main technical requirement of batteries in small-form mobility applications.
- Recall the main batteries used in consumer electronics and their characteristics.
- Identify appropriate battery types for consumer electronics based on technical properties.
- Recognize how to verify capacity and energy content.
- Examine how to measure the capacity and energy efficiency of a USB power bank.
This online learning experience provides you with interactive content lessons, this includes instructor-led video lectures, a downloadable learning guide, discussion prompts, non-graded practice questions and a graded final assessment to test your understanding of the material covered in this course.