Course 3: Battery Modules, Packs and Systems
Learn more about the combined battery cell packs and the control systems that incorporate them.
About This Course
In the third course in the Battery Technician Program, learners will distinguish the basics of battery modules and packs, components of a battery system, and examine battery management system organization and functions.
Lessons in this course:
- Series-Parallel Connection
- Components of a Battery System
- Introduction to Battery Management Systems
- Battery Management Systems Topologies
- Recognize series-parallel battery cell arrangements and how the arrangements change the electrical capabilities of the battery packs.
- Calculate basic capabilities of a battery from cell arrangement specifications.
- List the components of any generic battery system.
- Describe the functionality of each component.
- Recognize the need for a Battery Management System (BMS).
- List the set of functions a BMS should support.
- Examine BMS solutions on the market and the basic functionalities they provide.
- Name and classify the hardware subcomponents of a BMS.
- Identify and describe the advantages and disadvantages of three BMS hardware topologies.
- Evaluate BMS hardware topologies for the best fit for specific applications.
This online learning experience provides you with interactive content lessons, this includes instructor-led video lectures, a downloadable learning guide, discussion prompts, non-graded practice questions and a graded final assessment to test your understanding of the material covered in this course.