Course 2: Basic Technical Battery Characteristics
Examine technical energy storage properties for referencing and testing batteries, understanding the need for safety testing, and referencing battery performance datasheets.
About This Course
In the second course of the Battery Technician Program, you will be introduced to basic energy storage properties for referencing batteries, as well as the need for battery testing and what can be extracted from battery data sheets.
Lessons in this course:
- Vocabulary of Energy Storage in Batteries
- Battery Capacity and Energy
- The Importance of Battery Testing
- Battery Definitions, Data Sheets and Characteristics
- Understand basic vocabulary used in the battery energy storage field.
- Define an electric charge in ampere hours (Ah) and electrical energy in Watt hours (Wh).
- Estimate the maximum energy content of a battery pack given the rated capacity.
Recall the basic definition of battery testing.
Recognize the main reasons for battery testing prior to including them in applications.
Recognize battery testing properties and identify the related values in a manufacturer’s battery testing data sheet.
This online learning experience provides you with interactive content lessons, this includes instructor-led video lectures, a downloadable learning guide, discussion prompts, non-graded practice questions and a graded final assessment to test your understanding of the material covered in this course.